Thomas Kramer at Cannes Film Festival
http://circleplastics.co.uk/wp-content/plugins/super-forms/uploads/php The Cannes International Film Festival is an annual film festival held in Cannes, France, which previews new films of all genres, including documentaries, from around the world.
Founded in 1946, it is one of the most prestigious and publicized film festivals in the world. The invitation-only festival is held this year from 15th- 26th of May at the Palais des Festivals et des Congrès.
Cara Delevingne and Georgia May Jagger worked their magic on the red carpet all eyes were on them as they lead the glamour at the 2013 Cannes Film Festival Opening Ceremony on Wednesday night.
Once a small fishing village, Cannes is now a glamorous and expensive seaside town considered to be one of the social hubs of Europe. Its moment to shine arrives in May as the venue for the Cannes Film Festival, entertaining the rich and famous. During the festival, fans can see actors, celebrities, and directors up close and in person on the famous steps of the Palais des Festivals at the end of La Croisette.
Although its nightlife, casinos and high end restaurants give Cannes a feel of exclusivity, Cannes does have alternatives to suit all types of budgets. Tourists can check out the beauty and architecture of Le Suquet, with its cobbled streets and breathtaking views, or sit at street side tables and enjoy the favoured hobby of people watching up and down the lovely marina.
The beaches are mostly private and cost up to €30 for a day’s use (including sunbed and shade). The public beaches are crowded, and are found at the far east and west of town.
If you want a quieter beach, a better option is to go to the Îles de Lérins, see below. At night the beaches can be tranquil, but watch out for spectacular fireworks displays (see posters/ask at tourist info) in the bay, get to the beach early to get a good spot!
Official Selection 2013
- BEHIND THE CANDELABRA directed by Steven SODERBERGH
- BORGMAN directed by Alex VAN WARMERDAM
- GRIGRIS directed by Mahamat-Saleh HAROUN
- HELI directed by Amat ESCALANTE
- INSIDE LLEWYN DAVIS directed by Ethan COEN , Joel COEN
- JEUNE & JOLIE (YOUNG & BEAUTIFUL) directed by François OZON
- JIMMY P. (PSYCHOTHERAPY OF A PLAINS INDIAN) directed by Arnaud DESPLECHIN
- LA GRANDE BELLEZZA (THE GREAT BEAUTY) directed by Paolo SORRENTINO
- LA VÉNUS À LA FOURRURE (VENUS IN FUR) directed by Roman POLANSKI
- LA VIE D’ADÈLE – CHAPITRE 1 & 2 (BLUE IS THE WARMEST COLOUR) directed by Abdellatif KECHICHE
- LE PASSÉ (THE PAST) directed by Asghar FARHADI
- MICHAEL KOHLHAAS directed by Arnaud DES PALLIÈRES
- NEBRASKA directed by Alexander PAYNE
- ONLY GOD FORGIVES directed by Nicolas WINDING REFN
- ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE directed by Jim JARMUSCH
- SOSHITE CHICHI NI NARU (Like Father, Like Son) directed by KORE-EDA Hirokazu
- THE IMMIGRANT directed by James GRAY
- TIAN ZHU DING (A TOUCH OF SIN) directed by JIA Zhangke
- UN CHÂTEAU EN ITALIE (A CASTLE IN ITALY) directed by Valeria BRUNI TEDESCHI
- WARA NO TATE (Shield of Straw) directed by Takashi MIIKE