Deco Plaza was originally developed as the Motel Lindburgh during the 1930`s. After a major fire in the 1970`s, the building was condemned. In 1986, the building was completely refabricated as Deco Plaza. It has often been recognized as the successful rehabilitation of an Art Deco building. Since Deco Plaza is one of the key historic mixed-use buildings in Miami Beach, TK decided to takethe gemout of the shadowsand accepted the challenge of bringing back its luster.

Deco Plaza

Picture 1 of 5

TK eventually earned the building awards for historic preservation and restoration. The opening of Portofino`s 404 Washington office/retail building across Fifth Street from Deco Plaza caused an increase in rental rates andafter fully leasing the 40+ apartments and retail spaces, this building was sold.

 

Year Built:
1930

Building Name:
Deco Plaza

Building Address:
715 5th Street

Architect of Record:
1930: T. Hunter Henderson
1980: Jamie Salles

Construction Company:
1930: Clayton Shapell
WWJD Engineering

Number of Units:
44

Building Sq. Ft.:
1.077 (960 in use)

Lotsize Sq. Ft.:
21.000

Parking:
Street Only